Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 14: Tok to Destruction Bay

August 13/2010: Today's theme is road construction. Lots of it.


While waiting for the pilot car to lead us through the freshly graded deep loose gravel, this flagperson entertained us with tales of bikers having accidents and hitting bears. His delivery was deadpan so I'm still not sure if he was teasing us or just being a bastard.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that we saw a moose. We were just rounding a corner when he came across him. He had one foot on the road and only turned back once he saw us. He was huge! I hear it's a good idea not to hit moose, they hurt. Actually,we have a whole lot of gruesome moose stories to impart but we'll wait until we get home and can trade them for beers.

Our tents at Destruction Bay.
Upon arrival in Destruction Bay, we bogarted the Internet work station at the Talbot Arms. We're travelling sans computer and it's been pretty hard to find one to use. Hence the delay in posting our blogs. We had a yummy meal at the Talbot Arms, tried to wash last night's fuel out of my clothes (unsuccessfully), and slept in the parking lot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the same guy, native Indian, I ran into just before the Canadian border, I was getting swarmed by mosquitos and he wasn't, he told me that he rubs a nearby plant on his skin as a deterrent, well I let's put it this way, I didn't try it as he didn't seem very truthful.
Prem