Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Bikes

Maria and I had been talking about Alaska for a couple months, but it only started to feel real once I had bought my new bike with Alaska in mind. I had previously been riding a 1988 Yamaha FZR 250, more of a race bike then a touring bike. I'm not so sure my new bike would be called a touring bike either, but it's a step closer in that direction. Say hello to my 2005 Honda 919. I named her Sparkle.

Hailey's bike, Sparkle

Maria followed suit. Purchasing a real touring bike. The proper bike to go to Alaska on. Trading in her electric blue Suzuki GSF500, Maria is now the owner of a 2009 VStrom 650  She's finding her new bike challenging (current score bike:3 Maria:0) because of the high centre of gravity and the fact that it's a heavy bike. She has therefore named the V-Strom "Bitchy Linda."


Maria's bike, Bitchy Linda


No comments: